top of page
Fire breaks out in residential cum shopping plaza in Kasa, one dead
MUMBAI, Mar 14, 2018
MUMBAI: One person died in the fire that broke out in a commercial cum residential three storey building in Kasa taluka of Palghar district early Wednesday.
Six residents staying on the second floor of the Vishi and Virani Traders building were rescued. Aziz Virani (46) who was caught in the fire when the grains and cooking oil stocked in the godown went up in flames died of burn injuries. He is believed to have been sleeping in the godown when the fire took place at around 4.15 am.
Three fire tenders from Dahanu and Boisar were pressed into service. The fire has been brought under control.
Short circuit is believed to have led to the fire.
bottom of page